Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm a responsible american. Well, I try to be.

Usually I am not one to vocalize my political views. I feel that there is so much controversy and sometimes unnecessary tension in the world of politics; I just choose to be a spectator from a nearby star. (Scientifically speaking, I would be sitting on the sun since it’s the closest star in our galaxy, but let me not show how much of a nerd I am…) I’ve been told almost all of my life that I need to go into politics because of my oratory ability and general tendency to stick up for the “little guy” and bridge gaps. HOWEVER, there is so much backstabbing, cheating, lying, backsliding, and any other phrase you want to throw in there. I don’t have the heart for politics. And if I were crazy enough to get involved, I would be the maverick of the century. In other words, I would basically curse out everyone in site. Lol

But today I have been more or less “inspired” (it’s a nice epithet for what I wish to say) to say a little about my views of the upcoming presidential election. Simply, I wish it was over already. This is the most draining saga of disheartening events I’ve ever had to witness. I am not one to listen to gossip and watch people poke at other weaknesses and it seems that is what the entire election process has been based on. Forget the issues and what one plans to do if awarded the position, let’s just hear about how the said candidate is terrible in bed and has smelly feet. (somewhat of an exaggeration, I know) I believe that the whole point of electing leaders has been misplaced this year.

Every candidate has somewhat of a flaw that has the potential to effect his or her ability to lead. And I feel that now, we are choosing the “lesser of two evils”.

Now I love an idealist and someone saturated in change; however, you can only go so much off hope. Yes, I’m talking about Obama. I believe he is probably the 21st century representation of change, and like everyone has said: IT’S A BOUT TIME! (not his race….his ideals and drive and zeal) I am tired of watching politicians give half-thought out plans to improve everything under the sun. I do applaud him for bringing something new to the table along with his zeal and overall go-get-it mentality. I believe that if he has made it as far as he has as quickly as he has he can do amazing things for this country. However, lack of experience (in anything) scares me. Hopefully if he is elected he will have a more than adequate cabinet to aid him in his decisions.

I feel in a way that McCain has somewhat “missed the boat” for his chance to do amazing things for the country. Back before the first G.W. Bush administration when McCain was a republican elect, I was down for the cause. Like honestly, you couldn’t tell me anything about McCain. I feel that for someone that has survived so much ill health (he’s had cancer like a million times!) there is almost nothing he or she can’t do. But now, he’s a bit more seasoned than I would like I’m afraid that if he is elected it may be others doing the talking for him. We have already had one puppeteer regime. I would prefer not to endure another. And his candidate, Ms. Pallin, I feel the same way about her as I do Obama. (forget all the random drama concerning her family and whatnot…) She has the potential to revolutionize the way national government operates because she would make an enormous bridge between the people and the power-holders. But then again, one without experience….aaaahhhhhh!

I just don’t know what to think anymore. I’m just tired of all the nonsense. I want to get back to the way things should be. About the issues. Can we talk about gas prices or something….SOMETHING other than what’s going on in people’s homes??

I’m almost inspired not to vote. :gasp!: I know!! Being faced with the duty of voting for someone who is not as bad as someone else disturbs me. But I suppose I’ll have a decision made by November…maybe. Grrrrrrr…decisions, decisions….



Got a lot of things to sort out
But I promise I’m voting
Like really I will
Just gotta figure out who…
[[BARBiiE]]

No comments: