Tuesday, September 9, 2008

ANGER breeds CREATiiViiTY which breeds CHANGE...

PROGRAMMED RESPONSE

I’m different.
Acknowledge it.
Appreciate it.
If you’re smart, you’ll understand it.
Or reject the unfamiliar;
either way I’m not going to stop doing me, especially to be like you.
If I changed my style
my view
my opinion
as much as you do
I would be Chameleon-
minus the millionaire
that’s a few years from now
but don’t believe I won’t get there
because I will, and
from the looks of things, quite faster than you
because while you cling to the box
I discard it.
Light that bitch on fire
I REFUSE to be apart of it.
See, I was lame before it was cool
a geek before it became drug-related
and nerdy before ya’ll started rocking the thick Louis V. frames
So I’ve been there
well, here….
long before you care to look in this direction.
Now you’re following my footsteps
and I laugh
still emulating what others set before you
I guess you’ll never grasp
the concept I been I’ve been living
and continue to be that little monkey
that only sees what others do
maybe one day you’ll get tired
of your cramped little box,
stereotypes,
and paradigms
that make you do what you do.
If not, oh well, I don’t give a damn
if I did I would be hurt by you not understanding me
or respecting me
for thinking on my own.
But I guess that’s how they programmed you to be
and more importantly, respond to me.




Friggin robots.
And not the cool ones that Lu hangs with.
So they're really drones.
Ack! When will they learn?
When will they accept?
When will they understand?
Probably never.

Ghost
CGK: [[BARBiiE]]

2 comments:

Nile said...

If only someone could teach people to think other than the media. This generation needs a lot more individual minds that are after something besides personal gain.

TRUGENiiUS said...

yeah....but we all know how often that actually happens. i think thats what makes us US and causes us to stand out (and ultimately succeed) over others. like the poem states, i just accept my unique-ness and love it. its the coolest things about me. :) after all...i am the cool genius kid. LOL