Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Down the Dusty Trail

I'm watching "Life Size", the Disney movie with Tyra Banks and Lindsay Lohan (before all the random tabloid drama) and it's making me contemplate choices and paths.

Lindsay Lohan, for example, was one of the brightest stars to star in a Disney movie. She was someone i looked up to growing up and wanted to be just like her. (Yes, i even wanted to discover my twin sister at summer camp, compete with her, only to switch places and mesh my divorced parents back together...well, a few details would be tweaked but you get the point). So, over the past few years, watching what the media spits out about her has really had me at odds. Part of me is like OMG that was someone i adored! What happened? Why are they picking on her?? And then, I sit and wonder why she has more or less been abandoned to stumble and fall along the path of adulthood.

Which brings me back to the subject: paths and choices. Regardless of assumed stiffling by the hands of career, parents, money, etc., we all have choices. Its almost like every time we turn around we're looking at a fork of atleast two choices. (on www.beautifulintelligence.blogspot.com the topic of good and bad choices are discussed so i will leave that alone, however...) For the most part, i find myself choosing the "road less travelled" (a quick quote from Robert Frost). It's not necessary by choice, but most often by default. Things that have been repeatedly done before me just aren't appealing. And me, being the hard-headed kid i am, would rather trek down the dirt road knocking down wild, overgrown grass than stroll down a black tar street.

For this reason, I don't fit in well with a lot of people. To include my family and especially my peers. I'm generally criticizing for not fitting into any sterotype that is set before me. This gets under A LOT of people's skins. I find it funny. Things i do don't cause any harm, they're just generally interesting to look at/ watch. So i still do not understand the outrage. But like i have continuously stated in this blog: i'm stubborn, so i continue to do what i feel works best for me and ultimately, i'm happy.

This is a choice i've made. To be different, among other things. Some like it, many don't. But I don't care because it makes me happy. Maybe people like Lindsay Lohan should have made a right where they made a left. Or atleast had a support group like mine (i love my friends!!!), but that's not the way the cookie always crumbles. So I urge those of you that do have a tendency to think/act differently to keep at it. Do what makes YOU happy, regardless of what everyone else may think. As long as you are not causing anyone else harm (refer to the blog on www.beautifulintelligence.blogspot.com) you're good. So if you feel oppressed or knocked down, dont worry. BE HAPPY! and continue to do what makes you smile. That's what i always do.


Standing out is what i do.
Do what works best for you.
Forget everybody else--i'm a star.
Ghost.
[[BARBiiE]]

2 comments:

Beautiful Intelligence said...

SHINE BRIGHT! SHINE FAR!
DON'T BE SHY--BE A STAR!
WHERE YOU LIVE, WHERE YOU ARE,
BE A STAR!!!!!!

Kudos on the blog, I concur!

TRUGENiiUS said...

Eve's great, no matter where she goes. Dress her up, from her head to her toes. At the town at the mall Eve love's high fashion. At the bar, at the club she spends the whole night dancing!!!!!!