Saturday, October 30, 2010

God Bless Us Everyone

Orignally Posted: February 14, 2010

It’s Valentine’s Day. Bahumbug.

Wait a minute, don’t jump to the conclusion that my ill disposition is due to the fact I am without a significant other on “lover’s day”…again. Or that I purchased a V day card before my unforseen break up and now dont know what to do with it. And worse yet, i must sit and watch in agony as all the extravagant displays of affection parade before my eyes (and my fb page. lol) …ok, maybe those things are true; however, they arent the source of my v day scrooge-ness. I just dont like the holiday.

Im not against love or being in love or expressing love, but i dont approve of it being concentrated and gift wrapped into one day. im not a feb 14 kinda lover. im a 24hr 365 kinda lover. i dont need a special day to tell someone i care. i do it and (more importantly,) SHOW IT every single day. Now whether or not it is returned, or even appreciated is another story… =/

So thanks but no thanks for the cards and candy. Today is just another sunday in the year, another feb 14 in the days of my life. However, today my homie turns 23…happy birthday Bennie! =)

No comments: