Monday, January 14, 2008

So there will be a break until the next web-isode of The Dumb and the Intellecutal because this writer is taking a break. (yes, classes have resumed)

But since I'm here I should say a bit. Maybe more than a bit. It just depends on how long-winded I'm feeling today.

Sometimes I think bad habits are inherited...or maybe passed on through nurture. Why such a scientific approach at someone's bad habits?? Well, I'm a biology major, SO THERE! But yes, I definitely believe that bad habits (as well as good I suppose) are passed on through nurture if nothing else. The reasoin why I bring this up is because of random events of the weekend that occur in the lives of those I care about.

Sometimes (really most of the time) I am extremely grateful for my mother because of how she raised me and because of the type of person she is. I have never known for her to blame another for any of my wrong-doings NO MATTER how right she felt I was. I have never known for her to wrongly attack any friends, relatives, associates, etc of mine because of something that went down among us...NO MATTER how dramatic it was. I guess my mother is one of the MATURE and RESPONSIBLE adults you hear about but never see. And I can say that my friends have parents like my mommy.

I know this is random rambling but there is a method behind my madness. This past weekend I had a friend get chewed out by a relative of hers becuase of somthing dumb her cousin did. In all actuality, her aunt should have been talking to our other friend about what happened, but I suppose she felt she was better off attacking someone that REALLY wasn't involved. Or whatever her reasoning I am very disappointed in her. It really hurts/angers me to be a witness to such immaturity because I feel that as an adult, and PARENT she should be the bigger person or atleast discuss the situation with other PARENTS....but whatever...if it floats your boat....

But on to greater things...IT'S 2008 and i believe that this will be the year for me to step out and do what i need to do with my life and with my career. I have a lot of ideas in my head and I believe this is the time for me to get them out of my head, on paper, and into action!! So stay tuned folks...this may be the best season yet!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes it is 2008 and i will stay tuned!