Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Help me, PLEASE!

I've always been told that if you don't learn history, you're destined to repeat it.

History has been repeated for a long time. As my twin likes to say: it practically stutters. We continue to suffer the consequences of not learning our history but everyone still refuses to pick up a book. Many prefer to take the easy route and do as they are told or follow whatever example has been set before them. Although they have sometimes witnessed first-hand ill effects, they allow themselves to fall into the cycle. The cycle of being a monkey that watches what others do.

If all the people we cherish and look up to are ones that refuse to be like their peers, then why do so many accept the "norm" or what they have been trained to think. Why do so many choose to be a mirror?

I write this blog out of frustration of what I witness every time I choose to leave my house. There are hundreds of people wearing the same thing, doing the same thing, and acting the same way. What gives? Whatever happened to originality? Whatever happened to being willing to stand out for the sake of your own personal happiness? Is everyone just so afraid of the opinions of their peers that they'd rather be a clone? Someone PLEASE tell me what memo I didn't not receive; this is something I just don't understand.


I think I missed
the day when it was
decided that being like
everyone one else was
cool.
Or am I just so beyond
people have yet to catch up?
CGK: [[Barbie]]

No comments: